PhD student 8 – High-throughput screening of endosomes in different metabolic/genetic backgrounds
Institut d’Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, ES
Albert Pol, apols[at]ub.edu
The PhD student will implement improved methods to purify endosomes from rat liver during different metabolic stresses (obesity and starvation) and genetic backgrounds (CRISPR/Cas9 loss-of-function). High-throughput quantitative proteomics and systems biology will be used to identify and characterize the protein complexes organized on endosomes in response to metabolic stresses and genetic backgrounds. Using genetic or pharmacological manipulation of selected endosomal candidates will be used to reproduce or alleviate disease progression in animal models.
Link to vacancy
Important note for candidates:
Eligible candidates for a PhD position in the EndoConnect training network should have the following qualifications:
- A(n) (almost) completed master’s degree in a discipline relevant to the PhD position(s) for which you apply.
- Strong motivation for scientific research in an interdisciplinary and international environment
- Excellent English presentation and writing skills
- Good organizational and communication skills, being a team-player
Successful candidates must fulfil the criteria defined by the European Commission:
- As an Early Stage Researcher, you have to be in the first four years of your research career and have not been awarded a doctoral degree at the time of recruitment.
- At the time of recruitment by the host organisation, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date.